Overview of the Organization:
Agrosperity Tech Solutions Private Limited (operating under the brand name KiVi) is an agri-tech start-up that aims to make farming a livelihood of choice for millions of Indians. KiVi stands for Kisan Vikas which means farmer development. The key value propositions of KiVi are a unique digital platform and KiViStar (Local Franchisee) network. The KiViStar network will physically connect with the last mile Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) and their farmer members and enable them to access the services offered on KiVi. KiVi will provide farmers with digital/mobile-first experience to buy their inputs, sell their marketable surplus, and access timely loans and insurance at affordable cost.
About the Position:
We are looking for a suitably experienced and dynamic state head candidate to lead KiVi operations in the state of Tamil Nadu (Area of Operation). The State Head- Business Operations will be primarily responsible for building overall KiVi business portfolio in Area of Operation.
- State Head-Business Operations, Tamil Nadu
- Chennai / Coimbatore / Madurai – TN
- Chief Business Officer
Qualification and Experience:
- Graduate in any stream – BSc. (Ag) will be preferred
- Masters in Agribusiness / Rural Management / Agriculture / Social Sciences / Public Policy or related field
- 32-45 years
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of working with FPOs or in agribusiness sector
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of commodity procurement / trading / Collateral management / Sales in Rural areas / Financial Services in Rural areas etc.
- Min 2 years’ experience of team handling
- Candidate must be proficient with Tamil reading, writing and speaking.
- Should be able to communicate properly in English.
- Excellent skills in MS Office, MIS, Communication systems and social media.
- Should be able to work with big data and produce analytics.
- Ability to work in a diverse multi stakeholder environment involving govt. agencies, RIs, CBBOs, FPOs, Agribusiness companies.
- Ability to work in a diverse team involving local resource and techno-professionals.
- A self-motivated, committed and a results-oriented person.
- Strong negotiation skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Leading KiVi business in Area of Operation.
- Business operations planning and execution with district and FPO teams in Area of Operation.
- Day to day business operations facilitation for various FPOs in Area of Operation.
Building network of Franchisees (KiViStars):
- With the support of district managers, identify and recruit local youth to work as KiViStars.
- Training and capacity building of KiViStars.
- Business planning for KiViStars and handholding support in execution.
- Identification of suitable FPOs and RIs for onboarding on KiVi platform.
- Identification and on-boarding of institutional buyers for buying the crops produced by the FPOs.
- Working with private sector companies to generate business for the FPO in the following domain through KiVi Platform.
- Input trading business
- Output trading business
- Agro Advisory business
- Food processing business
- Sales and marketing business
Loan generation and Management:
- Lead Input credit business in Area of Operation
- Lead warehouse receipt financing business
- Supervise loan related processes and ensure compliance
- Loan business development activities
- Loan approval, sanction and disbursal
- Loan recovery and closure
Relationship building and management:
- The Consultant is required to liaison with and build strong relationship with following stakeholders
- Local govt. officials relevant for the business of the Company
- Input trading companies and their supply chain partners
- Output trading companies and their supply chain partners
- Logistics partners
Reporting and MIS:
- Supervise and ensure MIS and Reports as per the formats and schedules provided by the Company.
- Prepare periodic data analytics for strategic decision making.
- As per market standards based on existing salary. Salary will not be a constraint for the right candidate. The role will be eligible for stock options which will be issued according to the Company’s ESOP policy.
How to Apply:
- Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Name: Manoj Ramaswamy
M +91 99405 26095