Overview of the Organization:
Agrosperity Tech Solutions Private Limited (operating under the brand name KiVi) is an agri-tech start-up that aims to make farming a livelihood of choice for millions of Indians. KiVi stands for Kisan Vikas which means farmer development. The key value propositions of KiVi are a unique digital platform and KiViStar (Local Franchisee) network. The KiViStar network will physically connect with the last mile Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) and their
farmer members and enable them to access the services offered on KiVi. KiVi will provide farmers with digital/mobile-first experience to buy their inputs, sell their marketable surplus, and access timely loans and insurance at affordable cost.
About the Position:
We are looking for a young and dynamic person for the “Group Promotion & Mentor Officer” position. The officer is primarily responsible for facilitating farmers to form Farmer Interest Groups (FIGs) and organise them into FPOs. The position will work closely with the farmer households for their group formation, promotion and mentoring and build their capacity to avail services from the KiVi platform. The role involves extensive travelling within the assigned geographies and coordination with the KiViStars.
The position is based out of Ulundurpettai / Salem area in the State of Tamil Nadu (Area of Operation)
- Group Promotion & Mentor Officer
- Ulundurpettai – Salem
Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum plus two pass /Graduate
- 21-32 years
- Experience as field staff/Assistant branch manager in a microfinance institution for atleast two years is required.
- Any experience in working with FPO promoting organisations preferred.
- Candidate must be proficient in Tamil language.
- Ability to communicate correctly in English preferred.
- Should be able to work on MS Office application.
- Should be able to handle digital mobile applications.
- Ability to work with farmers in their local setting.
- Ability to work in a diverse team involving local resources and community stakeholders.
- A self-motivated, committed and results-oriented person.
Roles and Responsibilities:
FIG mobilization and formation:
- Conduct household surveys and liaison with relevant stakeholders like panchayat, NGOs etc., to identify potential farmer households.
- Orientation of the farmers and women members of the households about the concept of FIG.
- Conduct group formation training and promote awareness about the organization/KiVi platform, services available, and organisational policies.
- Facilitate the organization of potential farmers (maximum 20 people) to FIGs and their women members to women groups.
- Coordinate with the KiViStars for FIG/women group registration and onboarding onto the KiVi platform.
- Maintain the expected group strength at all times (managing 2000 farmer members and women members respectively).
FIG promotion and management:
- Conduct regular monthly group meetings and discuss the agricultural cycle/stages and their individual household needs.
- Conduct need-assessment of the farmer households during the meetings and identify potential credit and other agricultural services requirements.
- Work closely with the KiviStars, District Manager and FPO officials to ensure that the farmer household requirements are met.
- Provide financial literacy training, including aspects of credit discipline.
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with the FIGs and women groups to obtain timely feedback on the KiviStars and KiVi platform services.
- Ensure maintenance of credit discipline among FIGs and women groups.
- Actively train and mentor the group members to ensure member retention.
- Resolve any complaints/issues of group members within the agreed timelines.
- Monitor the group functioning and provide feedback to the supervisor regularly.
Reporting and MIS:
- Prepare MIS and Reports as per the formats and schedules provided by the Company.
- As per market standards based on existing salary. Salary will not be a constraint for the right candidate.
How to Apply:
- Please send your CV to email@example.com.
Name: Manoj Ramaswamy
M +91 99405 26095